Proof of E-Filing
You'll receive an acknowledgement from the IRS within 48 hours after e-filing that your tax information was accepted for processing.
If you use an e-file provider and choose not to use a digital signature (PIN number) you'll have to complete and sign Form 8453 (paper signature).
Tip: Before signing Form 8453, examine your return before the provider transmits it to the IRS
The IRS will let your tax preparer know it has received your return information within 48 hours after e-filing it.
Errors On an E-Filed Return
When the IRS receives your e-filed return it is automatically checked by computers for errors and missing information.
If it cannot be processed, it is sent back to the originating transmitter for correction then retransmitted.
For Freelancers and independent Contractors
- Organzie your financial data into one central accounting system on the cloud
- Software kept up to date.
- Your data kept secure
- Anytime, anywhere data access.
- Pay your quarterly estimated taxes online.
- Export Schedule C to TurboTax at year-end for faster filing.
- Save up to 50% off QuickBooks Self-Employed. Track every deduction! Start your free trial now!
Have an accounting or bookkeeping question? Email it to me.
- Return to the Filing Taxes Table of Contents to find related links