- What are Withholding Taxes?
- Social Security and Medicare Taxes
- Employer's Liability for Employment Taxes
- State Employment Taxes
- Depositing Employment Taxes
- Employment Tax Deposit Schedules
- How to Deposit Employment Taxes
- When an Insufficient Employment Tax Deposit May Not Cause a Penalty
- Paying Employment Taxes With Return (Form 941 or Form 944)
- Who Pays Federal Unemployment Taxes?
- When You Must Make FUTA Tax Deposits
- When You May Pay FUTA Taxes with Form 940
- Payments Exempt from FUTA Tax
- Taxes Withheld From Pensions, Annuities, IRAs, and Gamblings Winnings (Form 945))
- Employment Tax Returns Explained
- Household Employment Taxes
- Employment Tax Deposit Penalties
- What Are Trust Fund Taxes?
- Delinquent Employment Taxes
- Using a Payroll Service
For Freelancers and independent Contractors
- Organize your financial data into one central accounting system on the cloud
- Software kept up to date.
- Your data kept secure
- Anytime, anywhere data access.
- Pay your quarterly estimated taxes online.
- Export Schedule C to TurboTax at year-end for faster filing.
- Save up to 50% off QuickBooks Self-Employed. Track every deduction! Start your free trial now!
Have an accounting or bookkeeping question? Email it to me.