What is IRS E-File?
IRS e-file is the IRS electronic filing program. Tens of millions of taxpayers are now e-filing their tax returns each tax season. from their own home using their computer. .
The IRS e-filing program includes:
- Electronic filing of tax return information and
- Electronic payment options, which include, electronic funds withdrawal, credit cards, the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS)
E-filing provides several benefits
- Quicker refunds (about 3 weeks compared to 6 or 8 weeks my mail)
- No chance of a lost, stolen, or undeliverable refund
- No last-minute crowds to contend with at the post office
Direct Deposit Options
Taxpayers are also jumping on the direct deposit bandwagon to get their refunds even faster (a week or more sooner).
And now you can designate your refund be deposited into up to three accounts (e.g., checking, brokerage, savings).
Before you file your return, make sure you don't miss these 10 Most Overlooked Deductions.
- Return to the Filing Taxes Table of Contents to find related links