Taxes Withheld From Pensions, Annuities, IRAs, and Gamblings Winnings (Form 945)
Form 945 is used to report federal income taxes withheld from certain types of non-employee distributions, such as pensions, annuities, IRAs, and gambling winnings.
Form 945 It is also used to report backup withholding.
Backup withholding is generally required for payments made to independent contractors of $600 or more if the independent contractor does not give his tax identification number if given to you.
Form W-9 is used to request a tax identification number.
For Freelancers and independent Contractors
- Organize your financial data into one central accounting system on the cloud
- Software kept up to date.
- Your data kept secure
- Anytime, anywhere data access.
- Pay your quarterly estimated taxes online.
- Export Schedule C to TurboTax at year-end for faster filing.
- Save up to 50% off QuickBooks Self-Employed. Track every deduction! Start your free trial now!
Have an accounting or bookkeeping question? Email it to me.
- Return to the Payroll Taxes Table of Contents to find related links.