Choosing a Financial Institution for Your Retirement Plan
Financial institutions, such as banks, insurance companies, and mutual funds have the appropriate forms to set up a retirement plan and will help you establish one.
As you search for the right financial institution, think about the types of investment options you (and your employees) would like your retirement plan to offer and what level of service you may want.
- If you want to be able to invest in common stocks and mutual funds, make sure that is an option.
- Look for a financial institution that offers a wide variety of investment options, including mutual funds and money market funds.
- Watch out for excessive fees! They will reduce your return on plan assets.
- Educate yourself about the basics of investing and encourage employees to do the same.
For Freelancers and independent Contractors
- Organzie your financial data into one central accounting system on the cloud
- Software kept up to date.
- Your data kept secure
- Anytime, anywhere data access.
- Pay your quarterly estimated taxes online.
- Export Schedule C to TurboTax at year-end for faster filing.
- Save up to 50% off QuickBooks Self-Employed. Track every deduction! Start your free trial now!
Have an accounting or bookkeeping question? Email it to me.
- Return to the Retirement Plans Table of Contents to find related links