About Form 3800
You must use Form 3800 if you have more than one of the credits included in the General Business Credit.
If you only have one credit, you Form 3800 is not required.
Credits Not Reported on Form 3800
Three of the general business credits have special tax liability limits and are not reported on Form 3800.
- Form 8844: The empowerment zone and renewal community employment credit.
- Form 6478: The alcohol fuel credit.
- Section B of Form 8835: The renewable electricity, refined coal, and Indian coal production credit.
For Freelancers and independent Contractors
- Organize your financial data into one central accounting system on the cloud
- Software kept up to date.
- Your data kept secure
- Anytime, anywhere data access.
- Pay your quarterly estimated taxes online.
- Export Schedule C to TurboTax at year-end for faster filing.
- Save up to 50% off QuickBooks Self-Employed. Track every deduction! Start your free trial now!
Have an accounting or bookkeeping question? Email it to me.
- Return to the Tax Credits Table of Contents to find related links