Deducting Entertainment Costs of a Spouse
The Directly Related Test
If your spouse is present during the entertainment and it qualifies under the directly related test, the spouse's share of the costs is deductible.
The Associated Test
Under the associated test you may deduct your spouse's share of the entertainment costs provided your share and your business associate's share of the cost is deductible.
For example, if your business associate is accompanied by his spouse, you may have your spouse accompany you and deduct your spouse's cost.
For Freelancers and independent Contractors
- Organzie your financial data into one central accounting system on the cloud
- Software kept up to date.
- Your data kept secure
- Anytime, anywhere data access.
- Pay your quarterly estimated taxes online.
- Export Schedule C to TurboTax at year-end for faster filing.
- Save up to 50% off QuickBooks Self-Employed. Track every deduction! Start your free trial now!
Have an accounting or bookkeeping question? Email it to me.