What is the Dividends Received Deduction?
If the corporation invests in the stock of domestic corporations and receives a dividend, 70% of the dividend may be excluded from taxes.
If the your corporation owns more than 20% of the stock of the domestic corporation that is paying the dividend, 80% of the dividend may by excluded from taxes.
For Freelancers and independent Contractors
- Organize your financial data into one central accounting system on the cloud
- Software kept up to date.
- Your data kept secure
- Anytime, anywhere data access.
- Pay your quarterly estimated taxes online.
- Export Schedule C to TurboTax at year-end for faster filing.
- Save up to 50% off QuickBooks Self-Employed. Track every deduction! Start your free trial now!
Have an accounting or bookkeeping question? Email it to me.
- Return to the Tax Basics for Startups Table of Contents to find related links.